UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:20:12 -0400
Ok, so there are no Anhinga's locally, but we did have fine looks at one's
in Florida.

We (family) had to go to FL for a brief visit, fam biz. For 4 days,
certainly not long enough.

We birded the east coast near my Mom in Vero Beach, and the west coast near
Tampa where we left Will. And points in between.

PB Grebe, No Gannet, Am and Br Pelicans, Mag Frigatebird, Snowy, Lil Blue,
TriColored, and Green Herons, White and Glossy Ibis, Rose Spoonbill,

TuVu and BlVU, WoDuck, No Shoveler, Ring N Duck, Red Br Merg, many Osprey,
BA Eagle, Sharpie, Red Shouldered, red-tailed Hawks, Kestrel, Sora, Am

 Oystercatcher, Bl Bellied and Piping Plovers, Yellowlegs, Willets, Ruddy
Turnstone, Sanderling, Laughing, Bonaparts (breeding pl), Ring-billed , and
Herring

Gulls ,Caspian, Royal, and Sandwich Terns, Co Ground Dove, BE Kingfisher,
Red-bellied Woodp, Tree Swall, Fish Crow, Blue Jay, and *Fl Scrub
Jay(first),

BG Gnatcatcher, No Parula, Yello rump W, Palm, and B and W Warb, Boat-tailed
Grackle (doing courtship !), Snail Kite, Crested Caracara, Sandhill Crane,Bl
Skimmer, Am Coot and a few more regulars.

So.....  I recommend a birding trip to the sunny south !  We even swam,
walked around in shorts, and saw palm trees !

BS

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail