UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:39:16 -0400
Today Ed Hack and I looked for birds around Norwich. Four Double-
crested Cormorants were by the Ledyard Bridge, and we later saw lone
cormorants, possibly one or more members from that initial flock of
four, farther upstream along the Connecticut River. This was our first
sighting for 2010 of Double-crested Cormorants from Norwich.

Among 39 Norwich bird species found today, other highlights included 4
Turkey Vultures seen at one time from Hogback Road, an Osprey and an
immature Bald Eagle along the Connecticut River south of Pompy, a
Wilson's Snipe along Hogback Road, an Eastern Bluebird by the upper
end of the crooked half mile of New Boston Road, and an Evening
Grosbeak along Norford Lake Road by the boundary between Norwich and
Thetford. Other finds today included a Rock Pigeon sitting on a nest
beneath the Ledyard Bridge, a House Finch on the east side of Pompy,
and a House Sparrow at a farm by the intersection of Union Village and
Goodrich Four Corners Roads.

George

George Clark
Norwich, VT