UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:13:29 -0400
A pleasant early morning of birding - relatively quiet though.  One highlight was watching 3 juv.
Cooper's Hawks practicing their hunting skills: all 3 of them chased red squirrels up a large white pine, literally
hopping from branch to branch.  Shortly after, I saw 2 of them fly over the water and attempt to grab
a wood duck from the surface!  It was very entertaining!

Sara - Hartland, VT