UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2015, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:07:02 -0400
Some of you may have seen Tom Berriman's October 9 post to the VTBIRD
listserve post, in which he alerted us to his friend Glenn Kincaid's
Santa Barbara County Big Green Year, and then challenged us to to come
up with a 2015 statewide eBird total that would top Glenn's year-end
tally. Glenn gladly accepted that challenge, and we're now extending it
to all Vermont birders. With two months to go, the race is close, far
too close to call, with VT at 264 species and Glenn at 261.

Vermont birders are invited to make a pledge to support Vermont eBird in
this winner-take-all contest. The real goal is to get everyone out
birding and reporting to eBird. Can we hit the unprecedented 300 species
mark by December 31? Our previous best is 294 species in 2011.

For more on this friendly competition, see the VCE blog post:
http://vtecostudies.org/blog/the-vermont-santa-barbara-birding-challenge/.

300 or bust!

Chris

--