UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2009, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:20:14 -0400
The Vermont Center for Ecostudies with the cooperation of the Montshire
Museum of Science has begun a bird banding station along the river east
of the rail road tracks. We will be banding at least 2 days a week
during spring and fall migration, occasionally during the breeding
season, and at night in late fall for saw-whet owl banding.

Visitors, volunteers, and those that want to learn are encouraged to
visit the station or contact me. I will post days I will be banding to
this list in case anyone is interested. Our next banding session is
Friday morning from 6am until noon.

Our second morning of banding on April 18th at the Ledyard Banding
Station at the Montshire proved to be a bit busy.
Here are the totals(27 captures):
Song Sparrow - 3
White-throated Sparrow - 1
Black-capped Chickadee- 9
Slate-colored Junco - 6
Tufted Titmouse- 1
Hermit Thrush - 2
Brown Creeper - 1

Our total bird list during the morning is listed below from Vermont
eBird. You can see all the birds we observe and learn more at
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/GuideMe?src=changeDate&getLocations=hotspots&hotspots=L691522&parentState=US-VT&reportType=location&monthRadio=on&bMonth=01&eMonth=12&bYear=2009&eYear=2009&continue.x=41&continue.y=14&continue=Continue

Location:     Montshire - Quinn Preserve
Observation date:     4/18/09
Number of species:     34

Canada Goose     3
Wood Duck     4