UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2012, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2012 18:43:57 -0400
On Saturday June 2, 2012, from 7 to 9:30 AM, the Mascoma Chapter of
New Hampshire Audubon will hold a bird walk to be led by Art Mudge in
the area of the Bedell Bridge State Historic Site along the
Connecticut River in Haverhill, NH. Habitats in that area include
woods, wetlands, extensive fields, and the river. We'll be looking for
breeding birds and any late spring migrants.

Road/carpooling directions:
1) If driving from Hanover, follow Route 10 north to Haverhill, NH,
and there turn left onto Meadow Road and continue to the meeting point
at the end of that road in the Bedell Bridge State Historic Site.
2) Alternatively, if you wish to carpool, meet at 6:30 AM in the
Ledyard Bridge commuter parking area off River Road in Norwich, VT.
Because of recent construction activities, parking in that lot has
lately been limited; if insufficient spaces are available to leave
vehicles there, we'll go north on I-91 and leave any extra vehicles in
the commuter parking lot off Exit 14 in Thetford. However, we'll not
plan to stop at Exit 14 unless we have vehicles to leave there.

George Clark
Norwich, VT