UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2014, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2014 15:45:45 -0400
Windsor County 2014 Birding Quest is to hold a bird walk at Lake
Runnemede in Windsor, VT, from 7:30 to 10:00   AM on Saturday October
11, 2014, and led by Scott Johnson, Sara Eisenhauer, Chris Rimmer, and
George Clark. This bird walk is free and open to the public. Bring
binoculars and scopes if available, and be prepared to walk as much as
2 miles over uneven and damp terrain. We'll be looking for both water
and land birds with special emphasis on fall migrants. If there should
unfortunately be steady, heavy, rain, this walk will be canceled.

Road instructions: From Exit 9 off I-91, turn south on Route 5 towards
Windsor. After going about 3 miles southward on Route 5, look for the
Back Forty guns and ammo store on the left, with a Price Chopper
supermarket just beyond, also on the left. This walk will begin at
7:30 AM by the entrance to a long driveway directly across Route 5
from the Back Forty store. Please do not drive into that driveway,
vehicular use of which is reserved for local residents. Parking is
available along Route 5, but be sure your site is legal.

Carpoolers from towns around the Hanover/Norwich area are to leave
from the commuter parking lot off River Road in Norwich by the Ledyard
Bridge at 7:00 AM. (to reach the Ledyard Bridge lot from Exit 13 off
I-91 in Norwich, turn towards Hanover. On approaching the Ledyard
Bridge pull into the left lane, turn left at the traffic light onto
River Road, and then take an immediate left into the unpaved commuter
parking lot.) We'll aim to return to Norwich by 10:30 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT