UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2009, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:36:37 -0400
Yesterday we saw and heard our first Blue-headed Vireos(2) of the year,
as well as the first Yellow-rumped Warbler, Hermit Thrush, and
Broad-winged Hawks. We also had a swarm of Tree Swallows fighting over
one of our Bluebird boxes, along with our pair of Eastern Bluebirds.

In news that might be of interest, there is a new trail of bluebird
boxes by the Croydon Fire Department, in the field by Spectacle Pond off
of Route 10. There are about a dozen boxes, and I saw some Tree Swallows
checking them out. I don't know who put them up, but it looks pretty
good!

Mark Krenitsky