UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2012, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 14:30:26 -0400
While running with my dog at lunchtime today, through mixed deciduous
forest at the upper end of Brown Schoolhouse Rd. in Norwich, we seem to
have alarmed a bird. Although not seen as it flew off(?), it whistling
loudly at about once/second. The alarm call (whistle) was louder and
sharper than anything that comes to mind.

Anyone have suggestions as to what this bird may have been? The forest
edge wasn't far away, with a large open field beyond. Other birds
typically seen there include ovenbirds, vireos, ruffed grouse, flickers...

Doug Hardy, Norwich