UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2022, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Pam Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2022 20:10:30 -0400
Greetings Birders!

May 14 is World Migratory Bird Day, a day set aside to pay special attention to migratory birds and their conservation needs. As in the last few years, NH Audubon is hosting events as part of this celebration on our “Big Day in May” (which we used to call “Birdathon”).

As in recent years, a core goal of Big Day will be a collaborative challenge to find as many species as possible on May 14th. You can do this in your yard, town, county, or statewide (as long as it’s in NH!), and all we ask is that you fill out a Survey Monkey form at the end so we can compile the data. For a bit of comparison, in 2020 we had 124 participants report 161 species (and it snowed!) while last year 89 people compiled a list of 173. What will THIS year look like?!

To get the form you’ll need to register: https://www.nhaudubon.org/center-and-events/big-day-in-may/

We’ll also be offering beginner field trips at our McLane Center (lead by Mark Suomala) and Massabesic Center (lead by NHA President Doug Bechtel) at 8am on the morning of the 14th. These are FREE!

And to start it all off, YOURS TRULY will present a Zoom program on “The State of NH’s Birds” at 7pm on Thursday May 12th. This talk will summarize the conservation information presented in our recently-published "The State of New Hampshire’s Birds: A Conservation Guide," and provide a little extra info on the Saturday events.

Please consider joining the effort!

Pam Hunt
NH Audubon

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]