UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:10:35 -0500
This is a reminder that Windsor County 2013 Birding Quest is to hold a
bird walk in Windsor, VT, on Saturday November 16, 2013. Co-leaders
are to be Sara Eisenhauer, Ed Hack, Kyle Kittelberger, Chris Rimmer,
and George Clark. We'll start at Lake Runnemede at 8:00 AM and
possibly later continue to another location in the town of Windsor.
This walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes
if available. Dress warmly. Participants should be prepared to walk as
much as 2 miles over uneven and possibly damp terrain. We'll be
looking for migrating waterbirds as well lingering migrant and
wintering landbirds. (In an unfortunate case of continuous heavy
precipitation or hazardous driving conditions, this bird walk will not
be held.)

Road and carpooling instructions: From Exit 9 off I-91, turn south on
Route 5 towards Windsor. After going about 3 miles southward on Route
5, look for the Back Forty guns and ammo store on the left, with a
Price Chopper supermarket just beyond, also on the left. This walk
will begin at 8:00 AM by the entrance to a long driveway directly
across Route 5 from the Back Forty store. Please do not drive into
that driveway, vehicular use of which is reserved for local residents.
Parking is available along Route 5, but be sure your site is legal.

Carpoolers from towns around the Hanover/Norwich area are to leave
from the River Road commuter parking lot in Norwich by the Ledyard
Bridge at 7:30 AM that morning. We'll aim to return to Norwich by
11:30 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT