UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:04:40 -0500
My son-in-law and I set out this afternoon with low expectations of finding
the N. Shrike on Bragg Hill Rd, thinking it would be too late in the day,
but thanks to Jack's sharp eyes, we saw it right next to the road, quite a
bit before 873 where it had been this am. It flew out to the center of the
field before I could get my camera on it, and perched on some sticks for a
few minutes. I took some pictures, but it was too far away to get anything
worth posting anywhere, though I will be keeping one shot just to prove to
myself that we saw it.

When we saw it, it was between Dutton Hill Rd and 608 (I think) Bragg Hill
Rd. There is a bright yellow Conservation Easement sign posted on a tree
that was IN the clump of bushes that Jack first spotted it.