UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2015, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Pam Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:33:45 -0500
I was up in the Upper Valley yesterday to visit friends in the evening, and was already planning to visit Lake Runnemeade when I saw Peggy's email (below) in the morning. So it is with a certain sense of coincidental amazement that I can report that the bird she saw is indeed a WILSON'S SNIPE. I flushed if from behind the large beaver lodge along the Lake Trail, when I slipped on the trail and must have made a little noise. It called once and flew north, but I didn't see it farther along the trail or on my way back. Seems like a good enough place for it to continue to hang if anyone else is lucky enough to stumble upon it.

Not much else of note here or elsewhere, although 2 Red Crossbills continue at Marsh-Billings in Woodstock. They were in the vicinity of the trail parking along Prosper Road.

Enjoy,
Pam Hunt
Concord, NH