UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Lloyd R. Bunten" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd R. Bunten
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 17:13:21 -0400
Two years ago there was one calling during May and June at
a beaver pond along Pressey Brook in Hanover (just north
of Goose Pond). This would have made it a probable breeder
according to Vermont atlas criteria.
There was one calling in the same spot a week ago. Haven't
been back to check up on it.

lloyd

---"Michael Choukas Jr."
<[log in to unmask]> wrote ---
--- Lila Ollmann wrote:
 Do they nest around here ever?
--- end of quote ---
This probably isn't much help, Lila, but I can tell you
that backin the late
1930's and earlyh 1940's there was always one calling
along North Park Street in
Hanover where Parkway comes into it.  You could count on
it from mid-May through
June.

But I know of none since I returned to Hanover in 1977.
Maybe others do.

Mike

available at: