UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 22:24:53 -0500
    Mid afternoon we cleaned the Hummingbird feeders at DHMC and The Garden of Hope at NCCC.  Saw 3 Hummers on the in patient front side and one on the terrace side from a distance.
    At the Garden of Hope there were two Hummers noted. One started to fly up over the building then came back, while we were there, to work on the Vinca and Pansies.
 A second was at a feeder, placed deeper in the garden, after it was cleaned and refilled.
 Also of note was a M. Common Yellowthroat in a Flowering Crab (in bloom) probably finding small insects.  A nice surprise.
    At home I have at least two M and one FM Hummer.
    This PM two M. Rose Breasted Grosbeaks and three F
at my platform feeder.  One of the F drove off a BlueJay.
Also have two White Crowned Sparrows.
    J. Langevin
    Enfield Ctr.