UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:49:20 EST
I was driving down Quechee Main Street toward the Quechee Club on Thursday
morning, and a blue bird flew over my car.  I thought it was strange  to see a
blue bird this time of year, but dismissed it thinking I probably saw a  blue
jay because I only caught a glimpse of it, despite the deeper shade of  blue I
saw on its back.

Today I was driving from the Quechee Club toward the Post Office, and on  the
curve before the stop sign saw another blue bird.  This time I stopped  my
car, and the bird was sitting in a tree no more than 10 feet away from  me.
Then I saw another 3 blue birds.  They were all feeding on some  sumac trees
along the Ottauquechee River.  They flew away in a group  heading down the River.

Can spring be far behind?

Steve Saunders
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)