UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2010 16:57:13 -0400
This morning Ed Hack and I looked for birds in Norwich under sunny
conditions but with notable haze attributable to the smoke reported
from distant fires in Quebec. Three Gadwall well seen at Pompy
provided our first sighting of that species in Norwich during 2010.

Among 60 other bird species this morning, additional highlights
included a flock of 9 Turkey Vultures at Pompy, a Ring-billed Gull
flying along the Connecticut River, small numbers of both Alder and
Willow Flycatchers at scattered wetland locations, a Brown Creeper
carrying nest material into a likely nest site along Tigertown Road,
and colorful Bobolinks in a large field along Hogback Road.

George

George Clark
Norwich, VT