UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2023, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2023 10:40:32 -0500
A few weeks back, I was staring out the window on a typical gray, lonely November day at 5 full, but empty bird stations, when a single Blue Jay landed. “Hello”, I said wondering why I was talking to a Blue Jay. Can you imagine? I was excited to see a Blue Jay!

Since that happy event, bird sightings have picked up some including a large flock of Goldfinch 20-30, 4 or 5 Chickadees, a Titmouse or 2, 4 bold and fearless crows, a large 6-12 flock of Bluejays, a dozen or so Juncoes, a Downy or 2, a couple of Morning Doves (usually 30-40) and a pair of Cardinals (normally 3-4 pairs). Last year was full of excitement, with a Baltimore Oriole lingering into late November.

By and large the feeders have been quiet, only requiring restocking weekly instead of daily.

We did have a small flock of Snow Buntings visit a few of the weeds we have left expressly for them here on the farm.

What say you my birding expert friends?
Tim Taylor

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]