UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2013, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2013 10:17:36 -0500
For anyone willing to rise and shine early enough, I'll be leading a
bird walk in Norwich village at 9 am on January 1. This will be part of
the annual Hanover-Norwich Christmas Bird Count, so we'll keep track of
all individuals of every species we encounter. We'll meet at Dan &
Whit's General Store and proceed on foot up Hopson Road to Hillside
Cemetery, then to Pine Tree Road and back to Hopson, from which we'll
loop back to Dan & Whit's. The pace will be relaxed, and the walk should
take no longer than 90 minutes. Anyone is welcome, regardless of birding
experience. Bring binoculars if you have them, and please dress warmly
with winter footwear. The forecast calls for single-digit temperatures
that morning.

This is a great way to start the new year, and a valuable way to
contribute to North America's longest-running standardized bird
population survey.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer