UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2017, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dylan Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2017 20:39:58 -0400
Im no expert but I have a theory of why feeders might not be bringing a lot of visitors lately. We're in that weird time in fall when most plants are seeding, providing a plethora of natural food for seed eating birds. It's also still warm enough where there's still a good amount of insects around for birds to eat (with the exception of tonight). When the insects are gone and the seed crops begin to dwindle I'm sure the birds will return to the feeders.
That's just my theory as the birds are surely still around. I'm sure they'll be back soon.

-Dylan J

Sent from my iPhone