UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:02:54 -0400
Well, perhaps not, but I've never seen as many Killdeer (39 total)
concentrated in a relatively small area as I did this morning.  They
included:

Ompompanoosuc River mouth - 2 on the ice on NH side
Pompy Flats - 26 on the ice, some of them foraging for prey I couldn't
see, let alone identify
Pirouette Farm/Hogback Road - 13 huddled around ice-bound pools at
bottom of the snow-covered fields
Campbell Flats - 5, also on frozen pools

No other birds of real note, though the Horned Grebe was still present
at Kendall Station.  An immature drake Common Goldeneye was off the
Ompompanoosuc Rivermouth.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer