UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Mitts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Mitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:49:42 -0400
Hello,   I have been meaning to post but have not had the time so here is an
overview of what I have seen in the past two weeks at my feeders.
The red-winged black biirds started coming back two Saturdays ago and since
then I have seen grackles, starlings, many robins, common redpolls have been
in and out in groups of 25 to over 100, blue jays, nuthatches, black-capped
chickadees, Tufted titmouse, crows, a female cardinal but I heard another
hiding in a bush, juncos and this morning I heard my first song sparrow.
I am looking forward to seeing the purple finches and grossbeaks. I have not
had any goldfinches which is a change from the many I had lst year. I wonder
if it is because of the redpolls.
Enjoy the sunshine!!   Anne