UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2015, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:12:01 -0400
This is a reminder for the bird walk to be held from 8 to 11 AM on
Saturday March 21, 2015, as arranged by Mascoma Chapter of New
Hampshire Audubon and Windsor County 2015 Birding Quest. This walk is
free and open to the public. Leaders include George Clark and Chris
Rimmer. Participants should bring binoculars and scopes if available
and dress warmly. We'll be looking for early spring migrant birds of
all kinds as well as wintering species.

Road Instructions: Because of very limited parking space in certain
sites, we strongly encourage carpooling if at all possible. Our
initial meeting will be at 8:00 AM in the commuter parking lot off
River Road in Norwich, VT. If coming from Hanover, cross the Ledyard
Bridge into VT, then take an immediate left turn onto River Road, and
then an immediate left turn into the unpaved commuter parking lot.

For those coming from the south, there'll be a secondary meeting site
around 8:20 AM near Wilder Dam. To reach this secondary meeting
location, from Exit 12 off I-91 in Wilder, VT, turn east toward Route
5. On reaching Route 5 (Hartford Ave.), turn left. Continue
(northward) to the fourth right, turning onto Depot Street. Take the
next left (onto Norwich Ave.), and then an immediate right turn over
the bridge to Passumpsic Avenue. At Passumpsic Avenue turn right
toward Wilder Dam. Park in the first parking lot on the right (open
gate entrance at a break in the guard rail) which will be our
secondary meeting site. (The parking area nearest the dam has been
largely covered with mounds of plowed snow, so the secondary meeting
site is to be in the unpaved parking lot which has its entrance
through the guard rail.)

George Clark
Norwich, VT