UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 13:18:44 -0400
I went for a long stroll last evening around what I like to call the "Hartland Loop" - I start on Gilson Rd, turn onto Mt. Hunger Rd until it connects to Quechee/Hartland Rd
and follow that back to Gilson Rd again.
I counted a total of 52 species - it was a great evening!

Green Heron 1 - in marsh along Q/H road
Mallard 3
Turkey Vulture 1
Wilson's Snipe 1
Mourning Dove 5
Black-billed Cuckoo 1
Barred OWLET - heard the owlet making it's begging call
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Eastern Kingbird 3