UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Arthur Mudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur Mudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:32:16 -0400
	Speaking of Bluebirds, our backyard Bluebird pair at Haverhill
Corner had three nestings this summer, all of which were successful as far
as we could tell, each in a different birdhouse.  I have read that Bluebirds
sometimes reproduced three times in a summer, but in all of our 35 years of
backyard Bluebirds in Haverhill, this is the first time we had witnessed it.

	Perhaps one positive consequence at least of the recent warming
trend.