UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2011, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:28:49 -0400
Unable to make the meeting, the Hardys, Hybles and Chris Rimmer birded parts
of this area from about 8:30 to 10. We were specifically targeting the
Golden-winged Warbler. After a long search, we finally found a male mostly
Golden-winged. It sang both songs, had rather distinct wing bars, and a
faint yellow was under the black bib--interesting bird. Also of note we
heard BOTH cuckoos near the prison access road. We had seen several
black-billed there last weekend.

Spencer Hardy

Good Birding,
Spencer