UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2014, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 12:20:32 -0400
Windsor County 2014 Birding Quest is holding a bird walk on Sunday
August 10, 2014, to the North Springfield (VT) Reservoir area. This
walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes if
available. Participants should be prepared to walk as much as a mile
over level but uneven terrain. Leaders include Chris Rimmer and George
Clark. We'll be looking for summer resident species and any early fall
migrants or wanderers.

For those who wish to carpool, we're to leave at 6:45 AM from the
commuter parking lot located on the west side of River Road in Norwich
(just north of Route 10A) by the Ledyard Bridge. For those who would
like to join us en route, we plan to arrive about 7:35 AM in the
parking area at Downer's Country Store on Route 106 on the
southwestern corner of the intersection of Routes 131 and 106 In
Weathersfield.

 From there, we'll continue south on Route 106 with our route
thereafter to be determined by visibility. If conditions are clear,
we'll be heading past the southern end of Stoughton Pond via Reservoir
Road to the Springweather area. Alternatively, if low level fog is a
concern, as has been the situation on some recent days, we plan to use
the Maple Street entrance in Perkinsville to visit the west side of
the North Springfield Reservoir.

We'll aim to return to Norwich around 11:00 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT