UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2007, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Daniel H. Crook" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel H. Crook
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:08:39 -0500
--- Forwarded message from Walter Ellison ---

>Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:19:18 -0500

Greetings CBCers,

As many of you already know, the Hanover-Norwich Christmas Bird Count will be held once again on January 1, 2008. We hope that many of you can join us for a day of bird counting and camaraderie. Please R.S.V.P.  to our address (below), or to Dan Crook [Daniel.H.Crook (at) hitchcock.org] or 603-448-2544 so we can begin to plan route assignments. If anyone knows of other birders who may be interested in helping out, feel free to forward this message to them.

As usual, we will gather at 7:00 AM in front of Hopkins Center for route assignments and at the end of the day at Everything But Anchovies for warm food and drink and to tally the day's results.

We have been reading list-serv reports of Northern Shrikes, Bohemian Waxwings, redpolls and Pine Grosbeaks all over northern New England and are looking forward to our holiday trip north. Numerous Red-breasted Nuthatches and a few Purple Finches have been regulars at our feeders here in Kent County, Maryland this fall.

We hope to see you there,

Walter Ellison & Nancy Martin

23460 Clarissa Rd
Chestertown, MD 21620