UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:28:15 -0400
On Saturday June 22, 2013, a bird walk in the Windsor County 2013
Birding Quest series is to be held starting at 7:15 AM at the Windsor
State Farms Corrections property. Spencer Hardy and George Clark are
to lead. We'll be looking for birds of all kinds including some which
have at times been found in that area but which are often scarce
elsewhere in Windsor County. Examples of such birds include snipe,
both cuckoo species, Brown Thrashers, Blue-winged and Golden-winged
Warblers and their hybrids, Eastern Towhees, and Field Sparrows.

This bird walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars if
available. Be prepared to walk as much as 2 miles over uneven ground
but without steep hills. Insect repellent and drinking water might be
useful.

We'll meet at 7:15 AM in the pull-off by the small red outbuilding
along Marton Road just north of State Farm Road and look for birds
until around 9:45 AM.

Those wishing to carpool from towns to the north should meet at 6:30
AM in the Ledyard Bridge commuter parking lot off River Road in
Norwich. We plan to return to Norwich by 10:30 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT