UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2019, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:19:45 -0500
Thought I'd share my excitment around here at the feeders the past couple weeks with the recent nasty weather conditions:

a regular flock of 25-35 goldfinch that invades the nyger and shelled sunflower seeds, 10-12 mourning doves ~daily, 3-4 wild turkeys that frequent the bottom of the feeders and close to the home (very unusual for my yard), the winter-resident 3 titmice, 3 hairy's, 1 downy, 8 chickadees, 2 white/3 chestnut nuthatches loving the suet, 1 blue jay, 1 regular raven low flyover, and a single brown creeper sighting … and on another note, a possum!

Glad to help them out.

Elaine,
Warren NH