UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2009, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Daniel H. Crook" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel H. Crook
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:03:22 -0500
The Hanover-Norwich Christmas Bird Count will be held on January 1, 2010. We will gather in front of Hopkins Center in Hanover at 7 am, then reconvene at dark (4:30-5 pm), most likely at Everything But Anchovies on Allen St in Hanover, to share results and have a bite to eat.
The count co-compilers, Walter Ellison and Nancy Martin, will be here. I will be your local contact person for any questions or needed information.
The usual routine is to divide the 15 mile diameter circle into territories, then make up teams led by one experienced birder. Dress warm and bring lunch. Each team can then decide how best to cover the territory. We count both number of species and number of individuals.
Please contact me at this email addres if you would like to participate. There is a $5 fee to participate to help defer the expenses of National Audubon to compile the data.
Thank you,
Dan Crook