UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2016, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 23:33:16 +0000
Correction:  after tracking the bird down further, I have realized I have made an ID blooper!  It turns out, my gut instinct was right.  The mysterious raptor in my backyard was indeed a juvenile Coopers Hawk.
A classic case of turning a typical bird into a hopeful bird.  My excitement got the best of me!

But, the evening of birding wasn't a total loss.  Passerine migration is on the move; I did see a handsome bay-breasted warbler and watched an olive-sided flycatcher catching insects this evening.

Happy fall migration everyone!

Sara - Norwich VT

Sent from my iPhone