UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2008, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Judy Lombardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:18:46 EST
I went to check out the deer carcass on the CT. River mentioned in the  email
yesterday, hoping to photograph the eagle.  En route I noticed a dead  deer
on 91 N in the breakdown lane @2 miles north Exit 13.  Perched in the  trees in
the median were multiple crows and one immature eagle.  On the  River Rd. I
found the deer carcass on the ice, nearly picked clean.  In the  tree close by,
directly on the River Rd was a mature Bald Eagle.  On the  way back down
river rd. I found a berry tree loaded with male and female Pine  Grosbeaks. One of
them was almost completely white with red patches.....does  anyone know if
that is an immature pine grosbeak??....I initially thought it was  a snow
bunting, it was so white.  All in all a great day for  photography.

Judy Lombardi