UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 03:16:37 +0000
  All winter I have also had 2 to 4 Ravens visit my yard.  They walk
around feeding off the ground and maneuver the stairs to pick up suet
droppings.  I like to watch them.  They startle easily. They will fly off if they see my
movement near a window or fly from their perch in a nearby tree when I come out of the house.
I guess road kill has been hard to come by.
   They used to know when trash day came.  Now that the receptacles have covers
it makes it more difficult for their trash picking..

J. Barton
 Enfield Center