UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2015, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2015 16:27:40 -0400
Stilt still here at 4:30, rt. 5 bridge over Pompy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Rob and Doris Humphries <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Upper Valley birders, and Susan Tollis in particular, who showed me this life bird today. It happened in a funny way. I drove to Pompy at around 11AM armed with my usual negative attitude ("this is probably another one I'm going to miss") and without a telescope. I walked up and  down Rte 132, saw nothing, and was about to leave when I caught sight of parked cars on a side road where cars don't ordinarily park. On the off chance that they could be birders, I drove into that side road. Before I got to the cars I'd seen (which I later learned belong to George Clark and Ed Haack), I bumped into Susan. She asked if I was looking for the stilt and when I said yes offered to take me to it. She took me right back to where I'd been, where the stilt sandpiper was now in plain sight. With the help of her telescope I got great views of the bird. Again  I say, "Thank you Upper Valley birders." You are a helpful bunch!
>
> Rob H.
>>                                                            On 9/22/2015 9:27 AM, Chris Rimmer wrote:
>> I'm watching a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper foraging in shallow water at Pompy Flats 50-100 yards east of the I-91 bridge along Rt. 132. There is also a Solitary Sandpiper on the flats off Old Bridge Road. Better hurry for this one if you can!
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School
District, are government records available to the public upon request.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this e-mail by
persons or entities other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.  If
you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the material from any computer.*