UV-BIRDERS Archives

July 2007, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:26:03 -0400
Many thanks to all those who responded to my Fish Crow report!

In light of these, I cannot be certain that what I heard was not a
begging, perhaps juvenile, American Crow - whose call is quite similar
to that of the Fish Crow. Listening to Stokes, I hear a distinction
between them, but I had not listened to the begging call when I made the
judgment yesterday. (Also, my resident expert Spencer is chasing Colima
Warblers this week, so could not be consulted...)

I did not rule out Fish Crow, however unlikely at my location, because
they were sighted at least twice this year in the area. Any crows
visiting today will be scrutinized carefully!

Thanks again-
Doug