UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Harold M. Swartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harold M. Swartz
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:35:13 -0500
We saw some weird tracks in the snow, apparently a low-slung mammal that
appeared to have come up the hill from River Road and went under the porch. We
also saw a puzzling pattern in the snow where the animal appeared to have come
out for several feet, made a large indentation in the snow and then went back
under the porch. The mystery was solved a few hours later when we saw a bobcat
catch a gray squirrel and then take it under the porch. If anyone is interested
we will be glad to send them pictures of the critter (with squirrel in mouth
and with characteristic face pattern showing).

Hal & Ann

Harold Swartz, M.D., Ph. D.
Professor of Radiology and Medicine (Radiation Oncology)
Adjunct Professor of Chemistry and Engineering
Director, Dartmouth Physically Based Biodosimetry Center for Medical
Countermeasures against Radiation (Dart-Dose CMCR)
Director EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems
Dartmouth Medical School
HB 7785, Vail 702, Rubin 601
Hanover, NH, 03755
Phone at Vail office: 603-650-1955
Phone at Rubin office: 603-653-3590
Cell Phone: 603-359-8538
Office Fax: 603-650-1717
Home phone: 603-795-4919
Home Address: 278 River Road, Lyme, NH 03768
URL (EPR Center): http://www.dartmouth.edu/~eprctr/