UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:48:27 -0500
The past year was an historic one for birding in Vermont. From January 1 to
December 31, 2011, birders scoured fields and fens, mountains and meadows,
lakes and lawns to discover as many bird species as possible during a
single calendar year. It was county verses county, birder against birder,
all vying for the top honors of the highest species count. The main idea
behind the year-long Quest was to get people out birding, promote
camaraderie, and better document bird life across the state using Vermont
eBird. With over 23,000 checklists submitted and 1.9 million birds tallied,
there is no doubt it was a huge success!

The Vermont Center for Ecostudies, North Branch Nature Center and the
Montshire Museum of Science are co-sponsoring this unique gathering of
Green Mountain birders to celebrate our accomplishments and share tall
tales. Please join us on Sunday, January 22, 2012 from 2—4:30pm at the
Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich, Vermont. Come meet your fellow
birders and enjoy an afternoon devoted to our shared passion (obsession?),
bird
watching.

Please RSVP to [log in to unmask] so that we can get an expected
flock size.

Directions to the Montshire: http://montshire.org/visit/directions/

Thank you!
Kent