SAHALIYAN Archives

May 2006, Week 3

SAHALIYAN@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH>EDU

From:
Pamela Crossley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sahaliyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:28:36 -0400
A recent discussion with Wei Yu Tan about his research on Kitan
reconstruction, and what appear to be a surprising (to me) degree of
Jurchen elements, has raised the question for me of how much work has
been done on northern Manchurian languages before the 12th century
Jurchens. Are there reconstructions or theoretical descriptions of
Mohe?  Just wondering how old these influence might be in Kitan.