SAHALIYAN Archives

November 2009, Week 3

SAHALIYAN@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH>EDU

From:
Pamela Crossley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sahaliyan <[log in to unmask]>EDU>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2009 02:23:17 -0500
Distrib. by: Central-Eurasia-L - Announcement List for Central
Eurasian Studies

CONF./CFP- Siberian Indigenous Languages and Cultures, Abakan, Sept
23-25, 2010

Posted by: Timur Davletov <[log in to unmask]>

The 3rd International Conference
Development of Siberian Indigenous Languages and Cultures in a
Changing Russia
(DSILC 2010)

23-25 September 2010, Abakan City

Khakas Republic, Russian Federation

Call For Papers

We are pleased to announce DSILC 2010 to be held on 23-25 September,
2010, at Khakas State University named after Nikolai F. Katanov,
Abakan, Russian Federation. In line with previous DSILC conferences,
this conference aims to promote research on minority languages in
social environment, ethnicity and education.

We welcome contributions with lessons and ideas on the topic from
different counties and parts of Russia. We especially encourage papers
which explore new methodologies in bilingual education of indigenous
students.
Deadline for applications and abstracts (maximum 500 words, including
references) is April 1, 2010. Please send the abstract as attachment -
Microsoft Word. When sending the e-mail submission, please follow the
format:

1. Title of the Abstract:
2. Name:
3. Address:
4. Affiliation:
5. Status (faculty, student):
6. E-mail Address:

Send abstracts to Karina Pokoyakova: [log in to unmask]

All abstracts will be accepted subject to review by a Scientific
Committee.  Notification of acceptance decisions will be communicated
via email by the end of May 2010.
The working languages of the conference are Russian, Khakas and English

The Organizing Committee