RUCKUS Archives

Sustainable Dartmouth

RUCKUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Katie Glance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katie Glance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:11:56 -0400
Dear Undergraduate,

This fall, we will be selling some holdings in Gratefull Bed Company (GBC), the largest provider of premium bed rentals at Dartmouth. In the coming weeks, we will be interviewing and meeting with selected members of the Class of 2024 and 2025 (other classes are welcome to participate). We are looking for several partners to join our team and continue Gratefull Bed's track record of success. We are looking for general partners, as well as a head of sustainability. We would like to emphasize that we are looking for individuals who are hardworking, reliable, creative, and willing to commit themselves to the team. While the most intensive workdays are infrequent, partners should work continuously to improve the company brand, develop new ideas, and build the value of the company.

Today, we are a diverse group of undergraduates who have successfully driven GBC’s expansion into a 6-figure business. The company has been highly profitable, selling out every term (outside of COVID terms in 2020) since its inception while keeping operational demands to a minimum thanks to its rental business model. In our time, we have found significant drivers of value in this investment:

Financial: This company has been an extremely lucrative investment by any standard, far surpassing the returns in the public equity markets over the time period.

Professional: The raw business experience offered in this partnership has repeatedly benefited us in our professional endeavors. Recruiters and interviewers at various firms have consistently been impressed by our partners who can speak fluently about the growth of our business. Current and former partners have held or will hold jobs and internships at: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Microsoft, Wayfair, Bridgewater Associates, Bain Capital, Bain & Co., Moelis & Co., The Parthenon Group, Polaris Partners, Alumni Ventures Group, Cinven, and Summit Partners.

Network: Partners enter an extensive network of alumni whose pooled knowledge has not only enriched the running of the business, but also our individual professional careers. Our predecessor partners have been invaluable resources, sharing their thoughts on career paths and advice on recruiting

Even if you are not interested in finance or consulting, GBC is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with various facets of business: sales, marketing, management, business strategy, web development, accounting, customer relations, and more. One of our past partners will be joining Microsoft full-time as a Program Manager and another launched a fintech start-up that was in the final-round interviews at Y Combinator.

We hope that you will consider incorporating this rare experience into your Dartmouth career. If you are interested in being part of this opportunity, please email us at [log in to unmask] by Thursday, October 7th and we will be in touch with you as we move forward with our process. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Gratefull Bed