NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 22:43:25 +0900
On 2011-07-10 [+0900 JST], at 9:13 PM, takamitsu muraoka wrote:

> 1) In the NW Classic you could change font sizes by pressing simultaneously
> both Command Key and either [ or ] key. Is there such an easy method instead
> of going to the Tooldrawer?

Command-shift-plus(+) and Command-shift-minus(-) in US keyboard.

> 2) Among the langauges listed for “Input menu” under OSX “International” I
> miss a particular language, Syriac. Because of this (?) I cannot type Syriac
> from right to left, as I can do with Hebrew. Under OSX + NWP there is no
> “reverse” mode possible. So I’m stuck, as far as Syriac is concerned. Is it
> possible to add yourself a language for Input Menu? There is no unicode
> Syriac font around yet, as far as I know. Not an Open Type font, anyway.

As OpenType features required for rendering Syriac are not supported in OS X yet, you need an AAT Syriac font:
<http://www.xenotypetech.com/osxSyriac.html>

I don't know if it works properly in the current version of OS X. The previous 10.6.7 introduced a bug in ATSUI and I don't know if they have fixed it.

Kino