NISUS Archives

November 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:44:28 +1100
This time, bad news and good news.

In preparing for the final printable copy, I went to Tools/Watermark... to remove the same by selecting "No Watermark".

This worked and promptly removed ALL entries in all Footers over all Sections. Even the Footer Rulers are deleted.

Not a happy Vegemite.

Why are Footers connected to Watermarks?

Considering that I have a detailed setup for both, there must be some explanation.

But there is more!! With page 1 in view, then after selecting "Edit/Select/Select All Document", I found that the Footers for Odd pages were not completed but those for Even pages still retained at least most of the expected content.

And now, I discovered "Tools/Automatic Content/Update/All Stale Content. Bingo. All Footers restored.

The possibilities with NWP never cease to amaze me.

Regards from brianF