NISUS Archives

October 2015

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:18:51 +0100
> On 11 Oct 2015, at 14:59, takamitsu Muraoka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear Hamid,
>
> Thanks for the info. I have opened the file explaining the way Kino's macro should work. To be honest, I a complete novice am about to drown in the deep ends. I can't make the head or tail of it. If you yourself have used this macro yourself, can you explain in a language I can comprehend, please tell me what are the steps I am to follow to overcome the specific problem I mentioned in my first mail, namely, to get rid of full stop sitting between the raised footnote reference number and the space preceding the first letter of the note text itself.

The macro file that you downloaded needs to be placed in the Macros folder.

When Nisus Writer Pro is active, go to its Macro menu and from its submenus apply the “Show Macros Folder in Finder” command. This will open the Macros folder in the Finder.
Drop the macro file in the Macros folder.
Then, when you switch back to NWP, the macro will appear under the Macro menu in the list of macros as “ApplyDefaultNoteText”.

Open your Nisus document in which you deleted the full stop in the "Default Note Text" box of the Footnote style in the Style Sheet.
From the Macro menu, run the “ApplyDefaultNoteText’ macro.
When the macro has finished running, an updated copy your document will open; the only difference in this updated copy will be that the full stop will not appear after the note number.
Your original document will not be modified.
Save the updated document.

Hamid