NISUS Archives

April 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]>
To: NISUS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Apr 23, 2011 8:43 am
Subject: OT: MacBook trackpad problem

While we're talking Apple bugs, my 5.1 MacBook Pro began acting up a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't control the cursor (from the trackpad). It would select and drag and misplace bits of code or text, stick and not let go of what it was dragging, and have to be shut down before it would behave. For a while. [...]38_23Apr201114:45:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:23:55 +0100
I have just bought an Epson Stylus SX420W because it is cheaper than buying new cartridges for my old Canon printer!

The Epson works well via USB, but I have no idea how to connect it wirelessly. I have never used AirPort and Mac Help just sends me round and round in a loop. Epson instructions are poor also. Epson provide a long URL which does not seem to do anything and will not open in Safari.

OS 10.6.7 with the latest Epson software from Apple.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be eternally grateful.

Doug