NISUS Archives

April 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:27:03 +0900
> Even so, the problem is solved. I can simply save as .docx in Word.

If you have Word, here's something to keep in mind when you are going to work on a .doc/.docx file that has comments. For some reason -- my understanding is that this is not a bug -- if you open a Word file in Pro, comments will be attached to only the last word in the block of text that the comment is on. So you don't know where the beginning of the commented text block is. However, if you have Word, you can solve this problem by opening the file in Word and saving as RTF. When opening that file in Pro, all the commented text will be highlighted, instead of just the last word.

Rick Davis