NISUS Archives

June 2015

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
B=C Andrus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:37:22 -0600
Howdy!
My reply just bounced from Dartmouth, so I looked in my previous
recipients list and found this address:
so we'll see if it works.

Ben

and my attempt at help, fwiw:

Congratulations. And condolences.  :-)

… but I guess you don't want to replace the word our with or? because
that would be wrong even in our version of English! :-)

Maybe use PowerFind, and replace {LookBehind(anyLetter)}our{end of
word} with 'or'
where the special buttons are submenus in the Match, Wild Card, and
Special Positions of the gear pop-up beside the input field.

But be careful what you ask— cuz then what about favours, favoring, &
favourite?
Would a non-British spell checker be of use?  Probably not fully
automated, but who trusts bots that much anyhow. :-(
Maybe you better look for 'our' and manually decide?
Or get better advice. :-\

Sorry to drag you through my thinking through it, but maybe that too
is useful.

Ben Andrus in Montana.