NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:50:46 +1000
>>Geoffrey Heard wrote:
>>
>>Dave at Nisus has just made an awful error. Just sent out the Nisus
>>Newsletter and forgot to announce ...
>

>Is Dave Larson the marketing manager?

Yep.

>Who is the president/owner?

No idea. The About Our Company on the site says Jerzy Lewak formed it
in 1983 and makes no mention in that page of the company/product
timeline of any change. So is Jerzy still there? Is he reaping the
the fruits of the seeds he has sown? I hope so.

Actually, the timeline reminds me that v.1.4 came out on 16 October
last year, so perhaps I'm a month premature in my expectation of the
next step. I must say, though, that I look at other WPs from time to
time -- a few months ago I was forced to work with Macrosith Weird in
an office; by morning tea time I was ready to leap *off* tall
buildings in a single bound -- and I tend to stare at them in stunned
disbelief, break into hysterical cackles, then scurry back to NWP
with happy cries.

One of the latest Fosters ads on TV says its beer is "made from
beer". That makes me think of NWP -- a word processor made from word
processing!

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Publisher, Editor, Business Writer
The Worsley Press

FREE Bonus book offer. Get "How to make great ads for (sm)all
business"  FREE when you buy "Type & Layout: Are you communicating or
just making pretty shapes?" or "How to Start and Produce a Magazine
or Newsletter". Amazon or www.worsleypress.com