NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:42:22 +0900
On Mar 24, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Simeon Chavel wrote:

> I have a file, about 55-60pp. with about 155-160 footnotes, and on a few of the many pages that have footnote references, the body goes all the way to the bottom of the page, and the footnotes cannot be seen. This does not affect the link between footnotes and their pages - the rest of the footnotes are all on the correct pages.

Sounds like a layout bug. I'm not sure if this works but try...

1. Download these macros and install them:
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/footendnotes/Note2Body_nwm.zip>
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/footendnotes/Body2Note_nwm.zip>

2. On the file, run Note2Body macro which will produce a new document in which notes have been converted into inline notes;

3. Save the new document, close it and open it again.

4. On the new document, run Body2Note macro which will produce another document in which inline notes have been converted into real footnotes/endnotes.

I don't know if the step 3 really makes sense. *Perhaps* NWP cleans up rtf code when writing a file to the disk. (Why is NWP so slow in saving a rather large document?)

> I made a PDF to see what would happen, and it accurately reflects what I am seeing in the NW file - missing footnotes.

Basically PDF reproduces a document in the Page view exactly. So, when I encountered a problem like yours, I send them a pdf together with the rtf file so that they can *see* the problem even if they cannot reproduce it.

Kino