NISUS Archives

March 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:40:16 +1100
Quite right, simulating text boxes is not easy but I make use of a mix of 1 & 2 columns in different Sections; rather, using Insert Section Break then choosing a new column arrangement..

Similarly, using Insert Column Break [with or without a Section Break] can handle cases where data in one column does not fill it, if you get my meaning.

Definitely not ideal, but useful.

Of course you can always drag picture into a normal text area; well I think you can so tha text runs around it.

I not that you use OS X 10.4.11; NWP version not mentioned.
Since I operate with Snow Leopard and NWP 1.4, what I can do may differ significantly.
===================

On 17/03/2010, at 3:27 AM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> [...]
>
> I haven't yet discovered the trick how to use Columns and Section Tools to simulate text boxes. The problem I encounter is that the "boxes" you simulate that way have a "pipeline", i.e. you have to fill one box (= column) with text before the text can flow to the next one.
>
> Send me a screen-shot off list when you have time.
>
> Žorvaršur
> OS X 10.4.11
> Power Mac G4

Regards from brianF